Friday, February 4, 2011

Karoo National Park and Our New Casa

Our new casa in Port Owen Marina, Veldrift




This was pretty to a MT girl after 600 miles of prarie like nothing.
Can't reaarange these photos. This is a termite mound. Guess they all don't eat wood, but some eat grass and seeds.

This was my guide for a morning walk into the Park. Since they now have lions you can't go out by yourself. Chas stayed behind because we had to walk on rocks up to the top of the mountain.

We didn't see much but it was nice to go for a walk. My poor body is atrophing from so much sitting. Below is a prehistoric amphibian that was around 3 meters long.
Springbocks in front of our cottage.Diictodon was one of the first mammals to show a difference in the sexes.



Now when I call you a "NUMBSKULL" I will understand it came from this ugly animal. Oh, that is my head shadow with them.
MoschopsI think below is a Therasid---it was more of a mammal-like reptile.
Pachyderm

We stayed in a cottage. The electricity went haywire and after dark we had to move to another cottage. I guess it was an adventure but the new cottage didn't have air-con and I opened the window and thousands of moths visited our bedroom so I slapped moths all night while I was listening for rain because of my walk in the am.














No comments: