Saturday, September 20, 2008

What a great birthday week!!!

What a grand time we had at Tuesday bridge. Tommie fixed pumpkin soup and peppers stuffed with interesing veggies. Glenda did rolls and Juanita made yummy chocolate cherry cake. Love those friends!




Yes, I did get my bangs damn short. Never drink and cut.
Then on my birthday night we traveled to the Lodge in Cloudcroft for Chateaubriand and a seven course meal. It had all the bells and whistles and was lots of fun especially spending time with Lisa and Kent who are busy, busy.
Now we are looking forward to a great evening in Ruidoso that Jimmy & Juanita bid on at an auction with another seven courses and maybe private entertainment because the cook is also an artist and a songtress. Life couldn't be better. . .
cept that Charlie's youngest sister, Ruth, (maybe six months older than I) died this week. Tomorrow they will travel to Amarillo for the funeral on Monday.


2 comments:

Sherrie said...

happy happy wonderful precious delightful birthday week to you!!!

funny comment on the bangs, must be a little like drinking and driving, no?

Please let Charlie know we love him and are thinking and praying for him and his family in the midst of this loss. I hope that his sister has found all wonderful things on the other side :)

love ya!

Keri said...

You look super cute, mom. And I'm glad you have good friends.
love you.