



This little Monet is for Keri.
Remember the story of Joan of Arc? You can see the 3 angels hovering behind her.

We were at Battery Island 3 times. First, we found out we could not get Monument Passes thinking they were necessary. Then we had to show up at eight in the morning to get them, but it was raining so then we returned in the late afternoon. We stood in line on the island for several hours----what security!!!! They give you a fun card with facts like the face is 8 feet tall, the waist is 38 feet, etc. Then they pick it up later and scan it to see if you have explosive dust on your hands. Then you do airport security stuff only when you walk through the detector they fluff you up with air that is suppose to detect explosives too. Freedom doesn't come cheap. I just love that girl so much!




Maybe we like fish and mountains and lakes and golf and fish and . .. .. . . . more than art and people and art and people and subways and people. It was so much nicer than I expected. Where were the pick-pockets? Everyone mingled so well, 'cept for the occasional crazy guy yelling to loud.
Home-Sweet-Home!
2 comments:
This looks like it was a great experience and one that you will remember. I love the Monet~ and the glass vases.
Welcome home!
I love the art! I love the Statue of Liberty! I love this post! Thank you
Post a Comment