Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Here We Are: New York City

Keri offered to take care of Daddy so we had to make a decision about where to go. Charlie was in NY some 36 years ago and me never. I just wanted to feel the city and we have been riding the subways and the buses and living it up, so to speak, in Times Square at the Hilton. What a disappointment, but life is sometimes relative.


Here we are having lunch. It was great! Can you see the Statue of Liberty out there in the ocean? We are going back tomorrow to try to get observation deck tickets which are free but they only give out 200 at eight in the morning.



This is from the African section of the Natural History Museum. We spent the whole day 'cept for a short break at the Chicago Bar and Grill across the street.


This is from the Staten Ferry ride. Can you imagine, it was free!!! The Statue of Liberty was visible but we will go back for a better view and a walk on the observation deck.



Oh,my, here is Crissy at Tiffany's. Charlie was scared to go in. He was sure he would be put on the spot. Damn! No luck!!! No diamonds!! Pictures were not allowed inside.

Charlie is standing in front of the Empire State Building. Can you see the spires that were suppose to hold the blimps?
What a view from the top. Erased a bunch because I forgot to download and was short on picture space but it was a joy. Afterwards we had lunch in the local brewery on the street floor.




Well, nobody was ice skating. We did find a nice place to rest our weary joints from climbing up and down into the subways and all of the steps up and down through the Trade Center. Hips hurt bad!


Next was the Museum of Modern Art. We are not sure who made it through the fastest but we had trouble keeping up with each other. We even had tour phones. Charlie and I like reality art. Charlie thinks Picaso is a freaking maniac.
I have always enjoyed tall skinny runners.


Well, on this old laptop, I do not have picture fixers, but this Takana man was absolutely superb. He was real, but where was his counterpart, LUCY, who was supposedly the link.



Can you see the great big meteor behind me? It was orginally over 200 thousand lbs. The biggest meteor to hit close to us was in Sinola, Mexico.
Tomorrow we do the Statue and the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
We just are not to excited about going to the theater. I could stand it with the girls, and Charlie could stand it if he had too, but we are just not musical or theater people. WE DO LIKE PLAYS!

2 comments:

Keri said...

Wonderful pictures! I love the picture of you and Charlie AND the picture of you in front of Tiffany & Co. Sorry no diamonds :~(
I think I agree with Charlie about Picaso!

Stacey and Bill said...

What a great experience. I am hoping to go there this year sometime. The pictures were wonderful!