Really should have opened the curtains because the view out the kitchen windows is to die for.:
What a fiasco it has been to get this house back into shape. We knew we would have to replace the two master cools, but we didn't expect to find a whole rotten wall behind the coolers. Well, it has been removed and a new refrigerated air system installed and holes where the master coolers have been redone and it looks so good (10,000) Found a new central power vac head (160) not so easy. Replace the Nelson Zone Valve in the front yard, retiled front of shower in master bath (903), rehung closet doors (202), new wheels on sliding doors and new rubber on bottom of shower (231), repair of landscape lighting (bulbs, 20, by Cris, hooray, no service call, repaired osmosis and softener (280), repaired photo cell on garage door (150), checked out gas fireplace, and sprayed for weeds and sprayed for bugs and loved fixing the flower bed in front. Total so far about $14, 500 for this year.
Came back from lake and the refrigerator and central vac didn't work. What sorrow. They didn't have a problem with vac, fixed it immediately, then blew off dust from frig coils, and thought it would work, but no luck. I am waiting till the Labor Day sells to buy a new frig. And I thought I was finished except for airing out the house and hoping the smell of smoke does not linger.
So what else could go wrong? Decided to clean under washer and dryer to see if we could get the smoke smell out of the laundry room. Well, guess what??? one more rotten wall. They are coming Monday after lunch for what I hope is the final fix and I am hoping it will also remove the smoke smell. They swear they didn't smoke in the house so maybe it was dirty clothes in the laundry permeating into the rotten wall.
It should be a special place for the new leasers.
2 comments:
Looks like it was a ton of work. I'm glad your finished. What is your next project?
The girls have a new blog. Check out MY blog to get the link.
Love you~
What a huge amount of work ~ looks great! I'm partial to having all the appliances match, and since my oven, microwave and dishwasher were black, we chose black for the new refrigerator.
black works well with the bold colors in our house & kitchen. with your tile and wall color, i'm not sure black is the default right answer.
how's that for no help?!
Post a Comment