Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bryce is the Best

Here we are at the top of the Navajo Loop. It goes down into the bottom of the canyon. It is so magnificent. Charlie decided after the first downgrade, he was going to skip it so he hiked along the rim. You can see as I wander down into the labyrinth's of the canyon, the narrowing walls, slippery surface, the beautiful pines that are able to endure and find water from the depths of the canyons, it was exquisite, magnificent and one of my favorite hikes of all times---------and the guy belting out "Poison Ivy" and " Under the Boardwalk" sounded like the original artist and absolutely belonged in the environment.














































Here we are down in the bottom. Beauty!!!










































































This was 2 bridges. I hiked up to the top to take this picture. I am glad I decided I was no longer on the proper trail or I could still be out trying to find return.







That is the guy down there singing the songs.
















Just a matter of going up and down. This was actually a short hike---1.8 miles---and only .6 was going straight up the hill. I am so happy I did a little homework to figure out this was the trail to take since this was just a day trip from Zion.
Zion is nice but I would love to return to Bryce and and spend more time camping and in hiking the network of trails that go along the bottom and have time to do Fairyland trails as well.






























































































































































































































































































































3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures, mom. I'll go back to Bryce with you someday.....but let's go in the hot summer. The snow looks chilly.
love you!

The Wades said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous! I think your blog is appropriately named!! :)

Stacey and Bill said...

Wow! Absolutely beautiful! I just love the varied landscape of our great country!