Thursday, July 24, 2008

Crissy's Day Fishing

First fish and I hope not last. I was finished fishing by 8:30. Glenn said he weighed around 35 lbs. Charlie is still out fishing. The weather was absolutely horrible and I was well prepared. Chas was shivering so I took him his really big boots and wool socks. Hope he has a fish when the day is done. I can't believe people spend so much money to be so miserable.




It was a rat race! There were hundreds of boats zooming here and there. Most with four fisherman and the guide. The river averages about 6 ft deep. You reel out 14 back and forths and then just troll and try not to freeze to death. It would be great on a nice day but Alaska is not having those this month but I hear stories about 69 degree weather and sunshine.








Hopefully, I will have another post soon showing my man's fish! Worst part is I already paid for him to go again tomorrow. Hope he is loving it!

Everyone else in Charlie's boat quit early. The guide was ready to quit. Charlie told him he had caught fish up into the last five minutes of a tourney so they stuck it out until after 4 PM. I waited in the shop and heard guys complain the weather was the worst they had ever found it fishing here in Alaska. His comment for today is "he surely hopes he can have as much luck fishing today as I had yesterday."

Keri and Sherrie are the only ones who comment and I know some of you are keeping up with this little journey of ours so I would love to hear your comments too. Maybe like, "The fish certainly looks good, but that is not your best picture, Cris" The comment button is just on the bottom of the blog.

3 comments:

Keri said...

I can't believe how big that fish is! Was it delightful bringing it in?

Sherrie said...

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!

Stacey and Bill said...

Wow! That fish is incredible! It ALMOST makes me want to go fishing! The pictures of Alaska are breathtaking, I can't imagine what it must be like to be there. I hope you are loving every minute of it! -Stacey