Friday, August 15, 2008

Halibut Fishing @ Homer

Finally, the picture you have all been waiting for: can you imagine these beauties are already in Alamogordo! We stayed in the lodge: look at the sunshine, the one time we should have been camping.View out the window----really enjoyed looking out over the inlet while Charlie was fishing.I did spend time on the Homer spit checking out the sights.The salty dog seemed to have the most atmosphere: yes, girls, I just stopped in for a picture, I did not hang out!
This was displayed at the Land's End!
Remember the life cycle of a salmon? Every four years it swims back to mother stream, lays eggs, male fertilizes, both die. They catch them right when they leave the ocean, the one in the above picture is more inland and is spent: good for grizzly food but not for human comsumption, but still working to get home.

We camped out in Seward for two nights and last night we just pitched the tent. Tonight we are in Valdez-----showering, scrubbing and getting hopefully ready for a few more nights out. Maybe I will have pictures in the morning. It took me all evening to get the capability to upload. If too many people our on the wi-fi it seems to cut out ones ability to upload the pictures.

Sweet dreams.










1 comment:

Keri said...

are those the halibet? Nice....
and what are the dollar bills strung together with?
miss you