Hi all,
My old man is out fishing for halibut today: two is the limit, and he forgot the camera, the binoculars, and his snacks. He had a lot of fun yesterday, followed by a huge fried sea food platter which he consumed every morsel, so I hope he doesn't get sea sick today. The Homer Trophy halibut was around 316lbs. It was sunny when he left but the winds and clouds have come up this afternoon. I walked part of the Homer spit: a six mile skinny piece of land that sticks out into the inlet loaded with fishing charters and tours and gift shops. My hips need NM sun, dry, and exercise. Now I am sitting out on the porch looking at at least three glacier across in the Kachemak Bay, wrapped in a blanket, waiting for the catch weights. May they be to his liking.
We are pondering going on to Kodiak Island (ferry) and then back to Homer , then to Seward, followed by Whittier, crossing into Valdez, by ferry, and then on to Whitehorse and then after several days of hard driving arriving in Banff. There has been so much to look observe, and the weather has been so disagreeable, that we have not hiked, or exercised as much as we should.
Yes, we are missing all of you and love hearing from you. Yes, we ate four out of five days in Fairbanks at Chili's. Yes, I picked up a green chili burrito in Safeway today. Daddy has practically forgotten his home in NM so must be fareing well with my brother and Kay. Yes, I will need a lot of will power on my return to get stronger again..
Oh, yes, we did do the Museum of the North at the U of Alaska and it was grand: kinda stuff Charlie and I like!
Miss you all!
Crissy and Charlie
4 comments:
I wish I was there with you, wrapped up in that blanket. We could have coffee and/or cocktails and a good book. And some green chili pistachios. I love you and miss you.
Hi Sweetie: I believe by the time you and Charlie get home, it will be nice and dry for you. We had rain yesterday afternoon, and it was wonderful. As you know, our area needs it (not Ruidoso, however). Irene Couonts' mom passed away and I just addressed a card to her and Jim. It's hard losing your parents. I sent a card to Ernest Martinez. That man had a guardian angel riding with him when that person t-boned him. The Bible Study group is taking Kris Hakanson to lunch today to celebrate her 65th.
Take care of yourselves, miss you. Love and hugs, Juanita
What grand, grand, grand adventures! Much love and appreciation for all you are and all you share!!
Hi Sweetie: I can't find Kachemak Bay on the map, but I have found Kodiak Island, Homer, Seward, Whittier, Valdez, Whitehorse, and of course, Banff. You're due to arrive in Banff on August 22, aren't you? I subbed for Lana today at Lindy's - everyone wanted to know when you would be home. I hope it's warmer in Banff then what you've been experiencing. Have you thought about using a hair dryer on your hips to warm them up????
Post a Comment